Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Saturday, March 9, 2019

March 8, 2019 Week 8 Time/Weather

Week átta (8)







Time/Weather


TEACHING RESOURCES

Google Drive (old wiki):
Google Drive: NYPL Teaching Resources

139 FREE ESL weather worksheets for adults

https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/weather

Weather Forecast ESL Listening Skills Practice

FREE Telling Time Worksheets

Time - ESL Activities, Games and Worksheets

Free Tech for Teachers: Spring Forward this Weekend

An Online Lab for Learning About Weather Patterns and Forecasts
Free Tech for Teachers- Learning About Weather



ESOL NRS 1/2
ESOL NRS 3/4
ESOL NRS 5/6
  • yes/no questions
  • habitual actions using simple present
  • wh questions
  • prepositions of time (at, in, on)
  • when questions
  • simple past time phrases

  • prefixes meaning “not”
  • adverb clauses with when”
  • words with multiple definition
  • because vs although


TEACHER READING





Reflecting on my teaching practice is like pursuing a healthy lifestyle—I know I should do it, but I could stand to do better. I’ve attended and been inspired by my fair share of conferences and webinars but found myself slacking in my growth as a teacher. I learned a lot, but it was hard to apply what I learned because I did not have a definitive sense of what my teaching style was. In order to become a better teacher, I had to take a hard, objective look at the things I was doing. For my presentation at last year’s Meeting Challenges Exploring Solutions conference at The New School, I did a small-scale version of this: I turned back to a student’s journal I had graded in 2015. After reading through it I pulled out the original file the student sent, marked it again, and put the two graded versions side-by-side. The difference was striking:
PRIORITIZING TEACHER REFLECTION


PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
conference of the teachers, by the teachers, for the teachers based on adult learners’ needs
The NYC Adult Basic Education 40th Annual Conference
For Adult BE and ESOL Educators
Celebrating 40 Years of Success: Learning, Growing, Sharing
Saturday, April 13, 2019
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The High School of Fashion Industries
225 West 24th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues
Innovative ESOL/BE/Instructional Technology Workshops:
Best practices in BE/HSE/TASC, Math, Science, ESOL, Civics, Classroom Management, Writing, Instructional Technology and Adult Literacy Advocacy presented by educators from CUNY, NYU, OACE DOE, DYCD, NYPL, BPL, QPL, LAC, CBOs and other programs
Book Publishers & Table Display
Special Presentation: Using We Speak NYC Season II Videos to
Help Adult Learners by the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs and CUNY
Panel Discussion
“A Collaborative Timeline of Progress and Plans:  Past, Present and Future”
with Subject-based Group Sharing and an Award Ceremony
Comments from Previous Participants:
“(The Presenter) gave us great ideas for different levels & goals. We learned that humor helps students relax and makes learning fun. Excellent!”
“Wonderful community -based presentation (with) excellent structure and excellent tools. Planning strategies for projects and simplifying authentic materials are so useful. Thank you so much!”
Join us --- to learn, to share, to strengthen adult education!
View workshop descriptions at https://Sites.google.com/view/nycabeconf
Pre-registration by April 11th: $20.
On-Site registration: $25 cash only.
Adult Basic Education & ESOL students: $10.

Please contact us with any questions about pre- registration at  nycabeconf@gmail.com


GOOGLE RESOURCES

END QUOTE






TEACHER HUB is a weekly blog of resources and information for instructors and staff
of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE) programs
of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island

No comments:

Post a Comment