Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Friday, November 30, 2018

11/30/18

Week десет (10)

Friends and Family



TEACHING RESOURCES

Resources from the wiki are now in the Google Drive: Family and Friends


Using Flashcards

Freelance Teacher Assessment Blog: Games

eltcation blog: one sentence games


from Teacher Vision: Christmas - Teacher Resources


TEACHER READING




The other day I had an exchange with a student that left me in a quandary of a sort that I didn’t really expect to still have over a decade into my teaching career. It was a sort of fundamental question that I thought I had settled in my mind some time ago, but recent developments in the field and corresponding evolutions in my thinking have me rethinking some of those questions. 

Read the entire blog post here: Because Native Speakers by Rob Sheppard




CLASSROOM SHOWCASE


Some photos from Diana Vayserfirova's classes during the Civics unit:
FORT WASHINGTON 2-3, KINGSBRIDGE  5-6, RIVERDALE  3-4












Please send me pictures, and be sure to include the branch name and level. I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday. If I already have enough submissions for the week- that just means your pictures will be published the next week. Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.


Thank you! elizabethschade@nypl.org



CALENDAR
2019 Dates to Note:
January 22: Winter term begins
February 18: No classes
March 31 Winter term ends

April 22 Spring term begins
June 30 Spring term ends

July 29 Summer term begins
August 25 Summer term ends

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT

Check out some of the presentations from the NYSTESOL Annual Conference:

Presenter Materials

From Larry Ferlazzo:The Best Podcasts for ESOL Teachers






Please enjoy today's 30% staff discount in the Library Shop and online using the code: LASTNOV18 

ornament-librarycard-blog.jpg  

ornament-totebag-blog (1).jpg



END QUOTE



Thank you for all that you do! Have a great week!


TEACHER HUB is a weekly blog of resources and information for instructors and staff of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE) programs of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island

No comments:

Post a Comment