Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

10/2/18 Talk to Me Tuesdays


Talk to Me Tuesdays:

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd use today to review some of the resources from our meeting on Friday.

Here is a link to the Roster Presentation:

ALC Rosters



We also had 2 guest speakers:

Maggie Jacobs- Director of Educational Programs
She talked to us about the NYPL initiative, "More People Reading More,"
and how our program fits in to the overall plan. We're an important part!






We were also visited by Donald Campbell (Associate Director of Security Services/Emergency Management) who taught us a few interesting things:

 



RAIN:
Recognize the problem
Avoid it yourself
Isolate other staff members
Notify the authorities





The phone number for SIO/24-hour security: 212-930-0512




For a verified 911 call you should provide:
WHO you are
WHERE you are
WHAT is happening

What other notes did you take away from his talk? Please share in the comment section below.



Finally, Steve lead us for the teacher share portion of our meeting. I hope you got some great takeaways!









 

 

Have a great week everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment