Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Adult Learning Centers, NYPL

Monday, March 16, 2020


HI THERE!




So, things have changed for us a little bit. It's a lot to process, for sure. 

I thought I would change the blog format a bit during this time. I'll post things that I think could be useful or interesting for you to read. I'll also share how I feel, and maybe you all can use this blog space to keep in touch. Send me pictures! Comment below! Let's strengthen ourselves and others by keeping in touch here.

Let's *not* use this to make judgments on what's going to happen as far as the NYPL goes. For example, if I share a video about teaching online- please *don't* take that as a message about the future. It just means I think it could be helpful or interesting. 

I'm just updating this blog on my own. And I'm not going to send an email each time I post. This won't be required reading- it's totally up to you.

If there is official communication from the NYPL, I'll post it here, and it will be clear that it's official business. If you have questions for your HUB manager, please email them- this isn't the place to reach them.

I hope you'll join me by checking in here and letting me know how you're doing!

My work-from-home setup

This webinar might be interesting:
TESOL CALL-IS cordially invites you to attend the webinar "Chalk and Talk vs. Skype and Swipe: The Need for Proper Training of Teaching Technologies" with Rob Howard.
Date: Sunday March 22, 2020.
Time: 10:00 am (EDT) / 2:00 pm GMT
Please join this webinar from your computer, tablet or smartphone. Go to the CALL Interest Section-TESOL YouTube Channel. Use the following links: www.youtube.com/channel/UChnWYx1ZGtHnzzpV5t98J4Q or bit.ly/call-ischannel
Then, go to the video that says "Live" Session and has the title of this webinar. Click the play button and enjoy it!
Note: Use the following time converter to find the time of this webinar in your country: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. This is uncharted territory. It will take some getting used to. I appreciate having this forum to check in and maintain connections with everyone. Be safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is! Thanks for being the first to reply!

    ReplyDelete