Work
TEACHING RESOURCES
ALC Work Wiki
We Are New York has changed to We Speak NYC
Some of the new episodes revolve around a 'work' theme. There are no materials available yet, but the episodes are here: We Speak NYC
TEACHER READING
This blog is published by
This post is a write-up of my workshop Teaching Fun*damentals: 10 Ways to Add Fun to Learning which I gave at the ELTAM Day held by the Montenegrin English Teachers’ Association on May 5, 2018.
| Teaching *FUN*damentals |
This post is a write-up of my workshop Teaching Fun*damentals: 10 Ways to Add Fun to Learning which I gave at the ELTAM Day held by the Montenegrin English Teachers’ Association on May 5, 2018.
CLASSROOM SHOWCASE
From Diana Vayserfirova
Shopping: One of the Winners of our Best Commercial Contest KBR L5-6
Please send me pictures, and be sure to include the branch name and level.
I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday.
I already have enough submissions for the week-
that just means your pictures will be published the next week.
Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday.
I already have enough submissions for the week-
that just means your pictures will be published the next week.
Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
Thank you! elizabethschade@nypl.org
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Call for Proposals:
Meeting Challenges, Exploring Solutions in the Adult ESOL Classroom Conference
- A conference sponsored by The New School for ESOL educators and program administrators
- Location: The New School, University Center, 5th Avenue
- Date: October 13th, 2018Complete this form to submit your proposal for presentations, workshops, panel discussions and the technology showcase.
Proposals related to themes and issues in the ADULT ESOL field are encouraged.
Speaker: Alicia R. Ambler, University of Iowa
Teaching is one of the most challenging and rewarding occupations. This webinar will provide proven strategies for avoiding teacher burnout by empowering teachers to reflect, recharge and say no. Ideas for preparing future teachers to balance work-life demands will be shared.
TECH TIPS
The New York Public Library will begin to use eTime version 8 (V.8) on June 21, 2018 and will continue to use the existing version until then. However, you must register to use the new version as soon as possible.
1. Questions/Concerns on eTime registration? Call the IT Helpdesk at: 212-621-0500 (X40500)
2. Did you know that you can complete all Bridge training using your Smartphone? Simply use your phone's browser to log into NYPL Wi-Fi, then log onto Bridge!
Craig Senecal | The New York Public Library
Director of Talent Development and Engagement
Human Resources
445 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016
T: 212-592-7313
Thank you for all that you do! Have a great week!
TEACHER HUB is a weekly blog of resources and information for instructors and staff of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE) programs of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island


No comments:
Post a Comment