Shopping
Good afternoon everyone!
I wasn't able to publish the blog as usual on Friday, many apologies!
And later today be on the lookout for "Talk to Me Tuesday."
This Friday's blog post will include pictures and information from our excellent teacher meeting.
TEACHING RESOURCES
Need a sub? Need to contact a colleague?
Use the Master class list: Master Class List Spring 2018
PS- Let your HUB Manager know if your contact info in the document needs to be changed.
From The NY Times Learning Network:
Word of the Day
Picture Prompts
Wiki: Money
CLASSROOM SHOWCASE
Diana Vayserfiova:Presenting at NYC ABE 2018 Conference with our Advanced KBR Students:
Dear all,
I would like to share stories by two of my students. They were chosen for this year’s “All Write!” Symphony Space yearly writing contest! It’s open to students of all levels. I’m particularly proud of my student Soukaye, because she’s a literacy beginner.
On Thursday, May 10th at 7pm, three professional actors will read all selected student stories to an audience in the wonderful Symphony Space theater.
If you or your students are interested in coming, please email me!
Usually there are seats left. It’s free!
Elke
Harlem and Washington Heights Lead Teacher
Cooking
I like to cook.
I cook rice and fish.
And I cook chicken.
Good chicken.
People like my food.
I like to cook.
I cook and I smile.
Every day.
By Soukaye Talia, a beginner level literacy student at the Harlem Library
“The Economic”
When I was a child my father and I both had strong hair. He always liked short haircuts but for me it is not good. In this case the barber used the first number of the machine: zero. When he finished, this situation was so embarrassing. I wanted to run away or hide. When my mother saw me she disliked it. She shouted at me. It was similar to the haircut of old men. In my country this haircut has a name: THE ECONOMIC - because if you cut it short, you don’t have to go to the barber so often - and not pay so much!
By Jorge Mesa, Hamilton Grange and Washington Heights Intermediate ESOL student
Please send me pictures, and be sure to include the branch name and level.
I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday.
I already have enough submissions for the week-
that just means your pictures will be published the next week.
Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday.
I already have enough submissions for the week-
that just means your pictures will be published the next week.
Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
Thank you! elizabethschade@nypl.org
TEACHER READING
OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS
English Language Teaching Global Blog
Creating a reading environment | Using readers in the classroom with adults
And, it looks like they will hold a webinar in connection with this blog post:
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Our friends at Cambridge University Press sponsored a very interesting talk on Professional Development at the IATEFL Conference:
Silvana Richardson and Gabriel Diaz Maggioli discuss how busy professionals can access time and cost-effective professional development opportunities, based on reviews of the latest studies in what makes effective ongoing development. For more information on our IATEFL talks, visit our website: http://bit.ly/iatefl-talks
Thank you for all that you do! Have a great week!
TEACHER HUB is a weekly blog of resources and information for instructors and
staff of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE)
programs of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island
staff of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE)
programs of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island
No comments:
Post a Comment