Week Five
Civics
FRIDAY FUNNY
TEACHING RESOURCES
OBJECTIVES you can use on your lesson plans:
CASAS Civics Objectives
From the Free Tech for Teachers Blog:
64 Years of Presidential Campaign Commercials - A Lesson Plan
A Tool to Simulate Text Messages Between Historical Figures
A Good Collection of PowerPoint Presentations for AP US History and World History
From the New York Times Learning Network:
STUDENT OPINION What Are Your Reactions to the Impeachment Inquiry of President Trump?
STUDENT OPINION What Do You Think of the Field of Democratic Presidential Candidates?
From TESOL press:
Need some fresh ideas for classroom activities? Download 12 FREE activities from TESOL Press's popular New Ways series! Each book is filled with easy-to-use activities for teaching students of all ages and proficiency levels.
CLASSROOM SHOWCASE
![]() |
| BLC T/TH 12-3 NRS 4/5/6 |
![]() |
HL TABE M/D M/W 12:30- 3:30 class working on a crossword puzzle. |
Please send me pictures, and be sure to include the branch name and level. I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday. If I already have enough submissions for the week- that just means your pictures will be published the next week. Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
Thank you! elizabethschade@nypl.org
CALENDAR
![]() |
| Add caption |
Fall 2019 term: September 30 - December 16
No classes on the following dates:
November 11: Veterans Day
November 27 - December 1: Thanksgiving
2020 Dates
Winter: January 27 - April 5
Spring: April 27 - June 30
Summer: July 27 - August 23
Fall: September 28 - December 16
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
![]() |
A New, Free Online Conference for Teachers
I've decided to try something new to end 2019. That new thing is organizing a free online conference for teachers. I'm calling it the Practical Ed Tech Creativity Conference. It will be held over the course of three afternoons/ evenings in December (10-12). But I can't do it alone. So I'm looking for people who would like to share a creative classroom project.
Call for Proposals If you have a creative project that you think other teachers would benefit from learning about in the course of a 30-45 webinar, please fill out the proposal form here. If you've never presented in a webinar format before, I'll give you some training in advance.
Read the entire blog post here: FTfT Conference
|
TEACHER HUB is a weekly blog of resources and information for instructors and staff of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE) programs of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island







No comments:
Post a Comment