TEACHING RESOURCES
WORDWALL FOR ELT VOCABULARY GAMES
Keep It Simple Activities summer series
busyteacher.org: Hanging Out: Free-Time Activities
TEACHER READING
Yes, I'm sharing an article from Teen Vogue!
In this op-ed, N'Jameh Camara explains why it's not her name that's difficult, it's the attitudes of those unwilling to learn it that are.
Yes, I'm sharing an article from Teen Vogue!
In this op-ed, N'Jameh Camara explains why it's not her name that's difficult, it's the attitudes of those unwilling to learn it that are.
Names That Are Unfamiliar to You Aren't "Hard," They're "Unpracticed."
CLASSROOM SHOWCASE
Our work was featured in the NYPL West Manhattan newsletter. Read an interview featuring Elke Stappert and Michelle Lopolito.
The link to the newsletter is here: West Manhattan Newsletter
Please send me pictures, and be sure to include the branch name and level. I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday. If I already have enough submissions for the week- that just means your pictures will be published the next week. Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
Thank you! elizabethschade@nypl.org
CALENDAR
![]() |
8/25 Summer 2019 term ends 9/27 NYU Gallatin Literacy Review Professional Development Day 9/30 Fall 2019 term begins 10/4- NYPL Teacher Meeting 10/11- Best Plus refresher held at St. George ALC |
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Register here: elt.oup.com'More equal than others'
Psychologically-informed activities applied to vocabulary learning
Not all activities are equally useful. This webinar aims to use five very practical vocabulary activities to illustrate five principles which we could use to make our lessons run more smoothly and help our students learn more effectively.
|
GOOGLE RESOURCES
Has anyone taken any classes at:
![]() |
| Here's their website: Grow with Google NYC I'd love to hear about your experience! |
Thank you for all that you do! Have a great week!
TEACHER HUB is a weekly blog of resources and information for instructors and staff of the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Adult Literacy (ABE) programs of the New York Public Library in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island






No comments:
Post a Comment