Week Ten
Daily Living/ Community Services
TEACHER READING
The Case for Doing Nothing
Stop being so busy, and just do nothing. Trust us.
Read the story from the NY Times here: The Case for Doing Nothing
and this also looks interesting from PBS News Hour:
CLASSROOM SHOWCASE
On June 19 NYPL President Tony Marx visited our ABE Level E class in the Aguilar ALC.
and, if you don't mind me tooting my own horn a little bit:
I presented at the NAFSA Region X Downstate conference. Website: NAFSA Region X
We talked about Career Paths in International Education:
Please send me pictures, and be sure to include the branch name and level. I need them by the end of the business day on Wednesday. If I already have enough submissions for the week- that just means your pictures will be published the next week. Personally, I think the pictures that you share are the best part of the blog.
Thank you! elizabethschade@nypl.org
CALENDAR
![]() |
| June 26: NYC Public Schools last day June 30: Last day NYPL Spring 2019 Session July 29-August 25: NYPL Summer 2019 Session September 30-December 16: NYPL Fall 2019 Session |
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
From Sandy Millin's blog:
I recently observed a teacher who wants to work on the feedback stages of her lesson, making sure that she is as responsive as possible to the needs of her learners and helping her as part of her DipTESOL studies
Read the entire blog post here:
| What's Your Teacher Vision? On-Demand Webinar |
About This Webinar: What's Your Teacher Vision?
Reflection is the most powerful way you can grow your teaching practice. Partake in this on-demand professional development webinar to learn reflection frameworks, so you reflect smarter, not harder. Be sure to download the free What's Your Teacher Vision? workbook to follow along with Julie's instruction.










No comments:
Post a Comment